Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Finished Garden Fence Quilt

A few years back, I gave my mom a bundle of fabric for Christmas. I had finished my dad's quilt, but hadn't gotten far (or done anything really) on my mom's quilt. Several years have passed and I finally got around to finishing up and gifting her the quilt.

I used Lost and Found by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake and the original Garden Fence tutorial from Hyacinth Quilt Designs. (I used the revised Garden Fence block for my dad's quilt.) This quilt uses 35 blocks that finish at 12 inches. I then added to narrow borders in a red Moda grunge fabric and then added an ivory border to make the quilt a bit bigger.

Mom's Garden Fence Quilt

The backing is a gray flat sheet from Target. I used a gray bias plaid binding.

Mom's Garden Fence Quilt

My friend, Kayli, did the quilting for me. She used various floral motifs from the prints on the front.

Mom's Garden Fence Quilt

I especially like the double flowers she free-handed.

Mom's Garden Fence Quilt

In the thin red border, she quilted these swirls.

Mom's Garden Fence Quilt

And the outer border is made up of piano key quilting. You can also see a bit of the binding in this pic.

Mom's Garden Fence Quilt

In addition to the quilt, I made a few pillowcases using this awesome tutorial, which is my go-to for pillowcase-making.

Pillowcases for Mom

It felt so good to finally finish this project. And I think my mom was happy to have something new to go in her newly remodeled bedroom.

1 comment:

barbara woods said...

love that quilt, it's on my to do list

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails